Wednesday 16 November 2011

L'Occitane Fleur De Cerisier Cherry Blossom Bath and Shower Gel

I seem to be slightly obsessed with L'Occitane products at the moment, reviewing them for my most recent Sample Sundays and now a review on their Cherry Blossom Bath and Shower Gel.  Despite this recent obsession, I'd not tried any L'Occitane products until about this time last year when I got one of their hand creams free with a magazine.  I've certainly remedied that this year!


Cherry Blossom Bath and Shower Gel is a really lovely product to use in the shower (as I rarely take baths).  It's a pale peachy coloured liquid in a large bottle with a handy pump action.  It is very delicately scented - it smells very nice, fresh and not too sweet, but it isn't a very strong scent.  I have to put my nose right up to the gel to get a whiff, and by the time it's been applied to my shower puff and my skin, I have to say, I really have to remember to smell it - it's not in your face fragrance-wise.  I really like the idea of cherry blossom scent, but I've never bought a product fragranced with cherry blossom that has a strong scent.  This certainly won't linger on your skin or interfere with any other scent you are wearing.  I'll have to try the Eau de Toilette in this scent range to see if it's any stronger.

In terms of performance, it's really easy to apply with the pump dispenser.  I use between 2-4 pumps on my shower puff and that's enough for cleaning my whole body, producing plenty of suds.  It is easily washed away and is non drying on my skin.


Probably the best thing about this is its longevity.  I started using my bottle of Cherry Blossom Bath and Shower Gel back at the beginning of August.  I took the photos here a couple of weeks ago, but I'm only now getting down to the very dregs of the bottle.  And I usually take 2 showers a day!  That's more than 3 months for a single shower gel (with a week's holiday where I didn't use it).  It's very good value, when some cheaper shower gels only last a couple of weeks - you don't need much to get a good foam.


The bottle is incredibly beautiful, with an imprint of cherry blossom on the side.  I wish I'd photographed this with the bottle full, as you can't really capture it almost empty.  But, despite its beauty, my one gripe with this product is the shape of the bottle.  I'm pretty pushed for space, so I like things to be neat and tidy so I can stow them away easily, even if they are as pretty as this.  Therefore, I want my products to be round, square or rectangular.  However, it's a large bottle and is an off-set diamond shape.  Diamond, I could live with, but off-set?!  I'm sure this is part of the creative design process, but it means it doesn't stack easily and takes up far more space than it should do.  Before I started to actually use this, I had it in a storage box and I had to take the lid off and have half the bottle sticking out of the box, whereas if it were a conventional design, it would've fitted in and the lid of the box would've been on.
 
I bought this at the Bicester Designer Outlet, in a gift set with a full-sized moisturiser as well, so I'm not entirely sure how much I paid for it, but I think it was around £20 for the both.  I clearly got a really good deal, as my shower gel is 500ml sized and it seems you can only now buy this in 250ml size (without the pump).  The 250ml size costs £13 from L'Occitane, Feel Unique and Look Fantastic, although Debenhams has 10% off all body care at the time of writing, so it's reduced from £13 to £11.70.  

Thanks for reading! xx

1 comment:

Beauty Balm said...

Sounds nice, I've not tried this scent before I'll be looking for it next time I'm in the shop x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails