Friday 11 November 2011

Windswept Face, Hair and Outfit of the Day - At The Races

Hi everyone.  Just a very quick FOTD post today, as I've been out to the races for the first time ever in Cheltenham.  I'd meant to take a photo of my face before I left home, but I forgot, so ended up taking a shot in the ladies towards the end of the day.  It was very cold and windy outside, but luckily I just went outside to watch the races and stayed in the hospitality area (in the warm) for the rest of the day.


Face:

Lancome Teint Miracle in 010
Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil
Benefit Benetint
Accessorize Laguna Bronza

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Revlon Cream Shadow
Colours from the 88 Warm Palette by Coastal Scents
Mac Smoulder Eyeliner
Clinique High Impact Mascara
HD Brows Kit

Lips:

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Nude Pink
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss - clear

Hair:

Naturally windswept and added to by the constant taking on and off of my woolly hat!



Outfit:

Scarf - River Island, this season
Coat - Next, last year
Jumper Dress - Next, about 4 years old

It wasn't ladies day, so thankfully I didn't have to dress up very much as it was so cold.  However, I was one of the few people not wearing tweed!  I did see some women wearing fab tailored tweed suits, and I now want one for myself, even though I'm not really a hunting, fishing and shooting type of person.  I was a bit surprised about how much real fur was being worn - I didn't think anyone wore real fur anymore, but clearly I was wrong.

Thanks for reading! xx

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your make up and outfit.

I hate real fur but I am getting worried because I have heard so many things lately about fake fur not really being fake.

I feel anyone who wears real fur is disgusting I know that seems harsh but there is no need for it xx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks Lisa! I've not heard about fake fur not really being fake - I'm sure that at the prices I'm prepared to pay for clothes it will all be fake!

I agree with you about real fur - I just can't believe anyone in the UK still wears it. My Granny who was a tireless animal lover and fund raiser for animal charities, felt so bad when we found old cine film of her in the 1940s wearing a dead fox around her neck - it just goes to show how much things have changed, as it was completely acceptable then.

Let's hope that things continue to change - there's no need for real fur, especially as we don't live in the arctic. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails