Sunday 27 November 2011

The Bristol Beauty Blog's Christmas Gift Guide - Under £10 and Stocking Fillers

I thought I do some posts on some ideas I've had for Christmas gifts.  Today I'm looking at the lower priced range of gifts, good for stocking fillers and lower priced presents.



From Superdrug, I spotted this Sweet Snuggles Hot Water Bottle for £5.99.  Very cute, and perfect for a girlie girl!

For a younger teenager, I really like this Colourworks 18 Eye Shadow Palette, a snip at £6.99.  This is also from Superdrug and I think it would be suitable for a teenager who's beginning to experiment with makeup - there's a really good range of colours.


Also at Superdrug, and for a bargain £1.99, this Natural Moods Mini Care Set with a relaxing bath soak and body lotion is a perfect stocking filler.  I might also pick up one or two as "extra" gifts - you know, when someone gets you a present and you haven't got them one back in return!  The Superdrug gifts are also on 3 for 2, which makes them even more of a good deal!



Scrubbing gloves are something I use quite often, but usually come in really boring colours.  I'm currently using black glittery ones I got for Christmas a couple of years ago, but these Festive Striped Bath Gloves would make a nice change!  I love the pattern and they'd also be a perfect stocking filler.  These cost £4 from The Body Shop.


I don't know about you, but I often get really rubbish brushes for Christmas as presents from distant relatives.  However, I wouldn't turn my nose up if I received this Gift-set of Make-up Brushes from The Body Shop - they're known for being good quality.  This is currently retailing at £17.50 until 28 November (rather than £25) and contains 4 useful brushes.  


At Debenhams, you can pick up these Black Glitter Nails by Star by Julian McDonald.  They're currently on offer for £6.40, although they usually cost £8.  I'd definitely like to see these in my Christmas stocking!


I think this collection of Pin Up Nail Polishes by Floozie by Frost French at Debenhams is really cute.  The polish bottles have a variety of designs and the colours look great.  This is currently on offer at £8 (normally £10).


This one would be great for a teenager - The Eyeliner Collection from Ruby Hammer Recommends at Debenhams is only £7 for 10 metallic pencils.  There is a wide range of colours in the set - actually, forget a teenager, I'd really like it myself!


If you think that you need to earn megabucks to shop at Harvey Nichols, you should think again.  They have quite a few things in their Christmas gift range for under £10 including some really cute palettes from Stila at £10.  My favourite is Stila Striking In South Beach which contains 4 eye colours, a blusher and a bronzer.


Who doesn't love Cath Kidston?  Perfect for your Granny or your best friend, John Lewis has a range of Cath Kidston gifts which are reasonably priced.  The Wild Flower Lipbalm Set costs £10 and has 3 lipbalms in it.  The Cherry Blossom Soap With Dish looks great and only costs £7.


At House of Fraser, you can get these Urban Decay Mini Tattoos for £8.  I think they'd be perfect for older teenagers and younger adults as a stocking filler.


This Bliss Santa's Little Helpers Set contains a lip balm and hand cream and costs £10 at House of Fraser.  I'd really like to get this in my stocking!


Over at Boots, they're selling Philosophy products packaged as ornaments.You can buy this Philosophy Ornament Gingerbread Girl for a mere £7 and hang it on your tree before using it in the shower!


Also at Boots, the Burts Bees Trio Tin Gift Set contains lipbalm, handsalve and cuticle balm for only £9.99


Finally, if you head to the Cats Protection League website you can buy virtual gifts for your family and friends.  You can buy a virtual toy for £5, a virtual lifesaving Christmas Dinner for £12 or even a virtual rehome for £1,500, as well as other virtual gifts in a range of prices - definitely one for cat lovers!  The Cats Protection League also have a range of real gifts which are available here.  Purrfect for feline fans (groan)!

Anyway, I hope that has given you a few ideas on what to buy your friends and family at the lower price range.  I am planning to have a look at slightly more expensive gifts, budget busting gifts and also my pick of fragrances and fragrance gift sets over the next couple of weeks as well.

Thanks for reading! xx

8 comments:

Chloe said...

i love the urban decay tats!

Zoe said...

Great post, i love every single thing!
http://zozeze.blogspot.com/xo

Anonymous said...

These are great - the trouble is I have to step away from the stocking filler posts because I want them all, even the cat ball. Fab post thankyou.

Beauty Balm said...

Great post! I am loving the Ruby Hammer eyeliners - what a great price! and the Stila Palettes x

Lisa said...

I love the Cath Kidston things and the Cats Protection things are brilliant I will have a look at these xx

Lisa said...

I love the Cath Kidston things and the Cats Protection things are brilliant I will have a look at these xx

Lipstick And... said...

great post - i want them all!! xxx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Glad this is useful to you all! If I can't spend on myself, I can shop for others! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails