Thursday 26 May 2011

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Mimosa - Summer 2011 - NOTD

Well, this colour really didn't appeal to me, until I saw it in the flesh and it screamed "BUY ME" at me.  I think I need to get over my Chanel addiction, as it's hurting my wallet A Lot.  Anyway, I was sold, so this little beauty came home with me.


I actually think that I can get away with yellow nail polish - I didn't think I could, but it looks OK and not too sallow.  I think it will look better on my toes, but you really don't want to see them!  The sales assistant asked me if I was going to wear it on my toes, so I think this is how it is designed to be worn, or maybe how most non-beauty blogger will wear it.  She clearly wasn't aware that most of us bloggers think nothing of wearing outlandish nail polish and changing colours several times a week.



Evidence of some bubbling - apologies for my cuticles

This took 3 coats to give me the finish I liked.  Like all my other Chanel polishes, the application is pretty sucky, with the polish being too thick and gloopy, prone to bubbling, spreading onto the cuticles and taking ages to dry.  I finishes painting my nails 2 hours before I went to bed.  I thought they were dry... but I woke up in the morning with duvet prints on my nails - great.  I put on another top coat to disguise this, but I'm not happy with the finish - particularly on my little finger.  I also managed to get red fibres from my throw stuck onto the final top coat, so apologies for this.

Some sparkle...

Enlarge for a hint of sparkle - and terrible cuticles

The shade looks really bright in some lights, and more lemony in others.  It's certainly unusual, but I have seen a lot of yellow polishes around (indeed I own one by Avon that I've not tried yet), so you should be able to find a closeish dupe to this if you don't want to fork out nearly £17 for this.  The trademark hidden shimmer, which I always think veers towards red sparkle, is of course present in this polish. I can see it quite clearly in artificial light and very bright sunlight, but not in normal daytime conditions - you would probably be able to see it on the beach.  I've tried to take a photo showing it in the bottle and you might just be able to see it on my nails.

So all in all, another unusual colour from Chanel that will have us all wearing yellow on our fingers this summer.  I'm not sure if it's special enough for the pricetag, but I do quite like it - even my Mum said I had "trendy nails".  She of the 45 year old makeup that is...

Thanks for reading! xx

8 comments:

behindtheshoes said...

I like the colour but I think I would wear it on my feet rather than hands! Thanks for sharing. Xxx

Forever Miss Vanity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Forever Miss Vanity said...

Gotta love Chanel. That colour looks absolutely beautiful, but I agree that it comes with a hefty price tag. I'm tempted to buy it though!

xxx

Ashley Turner said...

I saw it and liked it a lot, but wasn't sold on spending the cash for a trend that I don't feel like will last long. I have a yellow Barry M polish I love!

I adore Chanel polish and find it's easier than most to apply and I've never ever had a bubbling or a chipping problem with it. Maybe it's the base coat you're using?

Emma said...

God £17 is a bit expensive considering you had sheet marks after 2 whole hours :| Barry M Lemon Ice Cream looks fairly similar I think. I've never tried a Chanel polish because I could get nearly 6 Barry M's for the same price haha :D still the colour of Mimosa is lovely, and the Barry M doesn't have shimmer. Shame Chanel's so expensive :( xx

Ashlie Nicole said...

I purchased this and had no problems with it. I found the first coat streaky but the second coat fine. It's a lovely colour for summer :) Definitely agree on th price. £17 for a nail polish! We must be mad ha ha xx

Stacey said...

That is one bright polish but one I would wear, your nails are so perfect! Chanel products to me are such a treat, love the packaging too x

A La Mode said...

Awesome colour!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails