Thursday 5 May 2011

I've been hauling! Doozle and House of Fraser


Despite the fact that I seem to have abandoned my Beauyt Diet, I haven’t been too bad with my spending, so I was feeling the need to give my credit cards a workout!  On Sunday I decided to order some bits from various places, including Doozle, House of Fraser, Space NK, Avon and also a GlossyBox!  So far, I’ve had my packages from Doozle and HoF and this is what arrived



I came across Doozle a few weeks ago when they were exhibiting at a craft fayre in Wells Town Hall.  I like finding small, niche beauty companies, especially ones that are local to me.  Based in Wiltshire, Doozle makes skincare products using only natural ingredients, using mainly plant-based, fairly traded and organic ingredients, so they really appealed to me!  They are also reasonably priced. I really liked the products they had on offer, but I forgot to go back to the stall in Wells and buy anything, so I finally got round to ordering online. 



I bought the Nourishing Facial Serum which cost £5.75 for 10ml and the Cocoa Butter and Vanilla Lip Balm which was £3.75.  They arrived first out of all my orders, and were beautifully packaged, wrapped in tissue, with a little attractive cloth bag, in a sturdy cardboard box!  They also came with a complimentary drawer sachet bag (or it could be a Scented Bath Sachet) which was a nice little extra.  I’ve only used the serum once, and my first impressions are good!  The lip balm is lovely as well.  I will do a proper review on the serum once I’ve had a chance to properly test it out – fingers crossed it lives up to the good first impressions!



 
My second order was from the House of Fraser Apothecary range.  I couldn’t resist picking up a second nail polish from Deborah Lippmann – I went for Marquee Moon, as not only does it look fantastic, it’s one of my favourite song titles!  This cost £14, so it’s a bit of a splurge.  I also bought the Stripper to go remover mitts, as I found my previous Deborah Lippmann polish that it’s the hardest polish I have ever used to take off!  I thought I’d test out the professional remover and see if it does any better.  This was also a splurge at £14, but it does contain 6 mitts, which should each take off one full set of polish.


I also bought some items from the Body America range.  I got New York Cheesecake Luxury Bath and Shower Mousse at £7, and a New York Cheesecake lip butter and Vermont Va Va Voom lip butter which were £4 each.  I haven’t tried these out yet, but I love their packaging.   

I’m really looking forward to receiving the other orders – it’s really nice to have some new products, even if I don’t really need anything else!

What new products have you been buying recently? 

Thanks for reading!  xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still on my spending ban for another month! It's not been easy I can tell you.

Will you be doing a separate review for the body butters? I'd love to know if they smell good.

Nat said...

Hadn't heard of Body America before. Their lip butters sound lovely! The Doozle products sound nice too, will definitely be checking out the site x

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks ladies! I'm not sold on Body America so far, but I'll give it a chance, but loving Doozle! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails