Monday 23 May 2011

Vintage and Chanel Birthday Goodies and FOTD

I just thought I'd post about a few things I got for my birthday today, as I'm thrilled with them!





Kicking off the French theme, the first is a piece of 1920s antique jewellery that my friend found for me in an antique market in France.  She knows me so well, as I absolutely love it!  It's a very long beaded piece, with knots in it and tassels.  It's basically a cross between a long necklace and a scarf - I love necklaces and scarves, so it's perfect for me!  It's so beautiful! Scroll down for a picture of me wearing it



Secondly I got some Chanel makeup from my boyfriend ooh la la!  Naturally, I sent him the website links and even told him that Boots would deliver it to our neighbourhood shop!  I asked him for Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow in Murano and Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl.  Here are the pictures and swatches...




I must apologise for my FOTD post - I don't look at my best and my hair decided to go 'rock-chick'!




Here's the makeup I used:

Mac Studio Fix Concealer
Lancome Teinte Miracle Foundation
Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil
Nars Blusher in Deep Throat
UDPP
Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow in Murano - pink all over the lid, the darker silver at the outer corners and the crease, the darkish green in the outer v and the pale blueish green as a highlight.
Mac Smoulder
Lancome Hypnose Mascara
Nars Carthage Matte Lipstick, mostly wiped off with lipbalm applied on top


I picked up the pink swirly top from Next last week for £18.  I really love all the prints that are around at the moment! It works well with my antique French scarf/necklace non?

I can't wait to play around more with this palette and the nail polish!

Thanks for reading!  xx

3 comments:

ihavemostlybeen said...

How lovely to have an OH that can follow instructions, I try and I try and then I just buy things for myself! Love, the beads and they are beautiful on you, very unusual too which is always good when so much of what we get hold of is mass produced. As for the FOTD - very lovely indeed! Hope you had a fab bday.

White Bazaar said...

Love your presents, the Chanel make-up looks gorgeous! I'm slightly obsessed with Chanel at the moment! x

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks for your comments! I do love the unusual beads, and I really am Chanel obsessed as well, so perfect pressies really! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails