Tuesday 14 September 2010

NOTD - Chanel Les Khakis - Khaki Vert


Just a quick little nail of the day post today.  It's Khaki Vert from the Chanel Les Khakis collection, and yes, I did make a special trip to Selfridges to pick it up!


It's pretty easy to apply, dries relatively quickly and has lasted for a couple of days so far without chipping.  I applied two coats and a top coat and got a great, opaque finish.


Excuse the state of my cuticles!

It's not normally a shade I'd wear to work, but I've been wearing it this week.  It's quite muted, so I think I can get away with it.  I was a bit worried as I wore it to a meeting today and I wasn't sure it would be appropriate.  I needn't have worried - the woman I was meeting had bright green nail polish, so my nails looked rather drab in comparison!

What do you think?  I rather like it, but I think this will be a 'marmite' colour - you'll either love it or you'll hate it!

Thanks for reading!  xx

19 comments:

behindtheshoes said...

I will be honest, I am not a fan of this shade but it certainly looks better on than in the bottle.

Definitely fine for work and another shade that I think is great for the young professional woman is Posh Polish by Eyeko.

Rachelle Xxx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

I've just googled Posh Polish, and it looks like a shade I'd like! Thanks! xx

behindtheshoes said...

No worries, I am currently wearing it now.

I put it on sunday night for a customer meeting on monday(which got cancelled!),it looks great. I will hopefully get it up as a NOTD before the week is out !

Rachelle Xxx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Looking forward to seeing it on you! x

Sophie said...

I'm madly jealous! I love love this colour. Obsessed with everything khaki at the moment. Really hoping some dupes come out soon or I shall have to start stamping my foot!x

http://sophieschoiceuk.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I did not want to spend all the money on the new Chanel nail varnish so I searched for a military green nail varnish :) and found one. Its from eyeko :) Ordered couple of days ago. I saw swatches and it is gorgeous :) Def a must have colour this season :D

Anonymous said...

These pics actually make me want to buy! But I love a green, any shade. Thanks for posting Jan

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

I've not seen any good dupes yet - let's hope someone finds one! x

Unknown said...

Love it love it love it WANT it.

xxxx

Unknown said...

I am not really sure about this, to be honest! We cannot deny it is original but it is not a shade I would go for!
New follower here,
XOXO
Catanya

Amy said...

so jealous, it's not out here in vancouver yet. I'm on the waiting list for it. I think I have to wait nearly a month!

Amy

http://amyswamy.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I really like it, great colour for autumn/winter.

xx

Stacey said...

I'm soo into khaki at the moment, really loving that shade!

Stacey xx

Dollface said...

Aw wow so jealous right now!! I need this nail polish in my life!

Alice at SuperGorgeous said...

I think it's STUNNING! Looks gorgeous on you x

NXZCHY said...

wow this colour is absoloutly gorgeous x

http://fashionandbeautyloves.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Lovely colour xx

Silverstargirl said...

Such a gorgeous color, looks amazing on you

Nat said...

Not normally a fan of green polish but love this! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails