Monday 6 September 2010

Enjoy yourself!

Hello ladies!  Today I'm going to do a review of a shampoo and conditioner I've been using recently and really liking.  They are Enjoy Sulphate-Free Luxury Shampoo and Luxury Conditioner. These products are called Luxury, and they certainly are!


The shampoo is very rich and thick, and the tinyest amount is needed to foam up into a thick lather that feels great.  The smell is divine.  It smells like sweets - I've been trying to work out exactly what it smells like, I finally decided it is dolly mix.  It's like washing your hair in a sweet shop!  It does take a bit of rinsing to get all the shampoo suds out, as it is a rich, heavy shampoo.  But once I have rinsed out all the shampoo, my hair feels very silky and moisturised - almost like I've used a conditioner.  It needed very little detangling before applying conditioner.  This is a bit of a revelation for me, as my hair is so thick and  frizzy most of the time, especially as I'm trying to grow it long at the moment. 


It says that the shampoo can also be used as a body wash.  Now I think that is a bit of a waste of expensive shampoo (keep reading for more on the price), but in the interests of a good review, I tried it out and I agree - it is a lovely body wash.  I only needed a smidgen of shampoo on my shower puff to create a full body wash.  And my whole body smelt like dolly mixture - heaven!


The conditioner is just as luxurious as the shampoo, again it is rich, thick and gorgeous smelling and really does help to tame my wild, frizzy hair.  Once again, only the smallest amount is needed for full hair coverage.  For those of you with frizz going on, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this. 

Like the shampoo, the conditioner is apparently duo-purpose and can be used as a shaving gel.  Again, I think that this is a total waste, but I did try it out.  It made a very decadent shaving gel, although only a small blob was needed to do my whole leg.  It shaved very well, although I did need to rinse the conditioner out of my razer quite often.  But it gave a beautiful, smooth shave and my legs felt very moisturised afterwards.

So I'm extremely impressed with both these products, and with them being sulphate-free what's not to love?  But here's the problem - they are an American salon brand and almost impossible to get hold of in the UK, and even hard to buy on American websites.  So after being recommended these by a friend, I had to resort to good ole Evilbay.  And I paid over $50 - yes $50 for them.  That worked out at about £32!  Granted, that was for both shampoo and conditioner, and postage, and they've lasted me for ages, but still, that's a lot of money, and I was really worried I'd get stung for customs (luckily I didn't).  I do love these products, but it's not $50 worth of love! 

And as a final word - is it just me who thinks that the packaging looks like a giant, pink, erm, shall I say 'sexual aid' of the type found in dodgy sex shops?  Or is that just my dirty mind?

Thanks for reading!  xx

3 comments:

Robyn Meagher said...

OMG, at that price I would just want to stand in the shower and look at them.

They sound delicious but I don't think I will ever get to try them :(

GeorgiaP - formerly WelshBeautyBlog said...

I must be dirty minded too then - it's the first thing I thought!

I want to try these so much..i'm resisting the urge to load up ebay.
If I buy these and my husband questions it i'm blaming you! ;) You had me at dollymix!
x x x

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Glad it's not just me then hehe - my boyfriend said he couldn't see it, but it was also the first thing I thought!

Word of warning - don't buy them on amazon.com - they are cheaper than Ebay, but with the postage charge, they were £52 - yes that £££s, no $$$s!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails