Wednesday 22 September 2010

Urban Decay NYC BoS 3 - Another EOTD

Hello ladies.  When I first got my Urban Decay Book of Shadows 3 I was worried I wouldn't use it often, so I blogged a couple of times here and here about some looks I came up with that were wearable.  But since then, I haven't touched it!

I went to a gig yesterday so I decided it was a perfect opportunity to dig out the palette.  By the way, I went to see The Vaselines at The Thekla in Bristol.  They were fab, and probably the closest I'm ever going to get to seeing Nirvana live (and yes I have seen the Foo Fighters before).  So it was a good night.

Anyway, here are the pictures of my eyes.  I decided not to go for a full on ultra-bright look, as that's just not me, but did go for a much bolder look than I would normally go for.

My camera has washed out some of the colours - it was much bolder in real life, I swear!
Check out that glitter!

So I started with Money, and used it all over my lower lids.  I like the colour, but it is quite glittery - probably a bit too glittery for me.  I then decided to rock purple colours, and went for Psychadelic Sister on my crease and at the outer corner of my lid.  I really liked this shade - it's not too dark or as scary as it looks in the pan, and it's very easy to blend out.  Best of all, it's not glittery!  I used Rockstar in my outer-v - well I was going to a gig afterall wasn't I?  Again, this was a lovely and easy to use shadow, very blendable.  As with all the Urban Decay shadows, I find that a little goes a very long way.  I was literally just touching my brush onto the pan to load up.


One of the problems with this palette is that there isn't a good highlight colour.  I used Uzi, which would be a good highlighter if it wasn't so ultra glittery.  And the glitter is really large glitter as well, which I really don't like.  I used it, but there was still glitter on my face after removing my makeup last night, and I even still spotted a stubborn bit of sparkle this morning!

I finished the look with a bit of Bordello under my lower lashes, and used the black liner (Zero) on my upper lids, and waterline and the purple line (Ransom) under my lower lashes.


I'm still not 100% impressed with this palette.  I fear it will be sat gathering dust under my bed, rather than getting regular use like my Naked palette is.  Some of the shades are just uber-glittery which really puts me off, as they are lovely colours.  And I hate the fact I can't do a complete eye from just one palette without cracking open the glitter.  But some of the non-glittery colours are great!

Thank you for reading!  xx

2 comments:

Sparklz and Shine said...

I so agree with you about the glitter and inability to do a whole eye from the palette - really made me appreciate my FrontCover palettes!
x

Ms. Wedgie said...

Awww the Thekla...I didn't think that it would still be there! I used to go there all the time! :)

I've heard a few people say that the palette isn't balanced enough. A good palette should be able to let you create lots of different complete looks rather than half a look.
x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails