Sunday 22 August 2010

Chanel - Taupe Grise

Last week I rushed out to lemming Chanel Paradoxal and managed to get my hands on a bottle.  However, the sales assistant was clearly very good at her job and showed me all the other gorgeous products from the A/W collection.  I wanted to buy all of them, but just about managed to stretch my budget to one fabulous eye shadow single – Taupe Grise.

At £19.50 this is definitely the most expensive shadow I’ve ever bought, but I’m certainly getting my money’s worth for it – I’ve worn it every day since I bought it.  As the pictures show, you get quite a lot of shadow for your money, embossed with the famous interlinked ‘C’ logo, and encased in the glamorous Chanel packaging.  I love it!


As far as the shadow goes, it’s an amazing colour, taupe, with a good dollop of purple (although it appears more brown in the pictures) and a very light shimmer.  It’s highly pigmented - a little goes a long way – and a soft formula that is super-easy to blend. 

I’ve also found this to be a very versatile shadow, and have been able to make loads of different looks with it.  I’ve used it as a lid and crease colour at the same time, building up the intensity on the crease to create contrast.  It can be sheer, or much more dramatic.  Basically, I love it so much, it’s quickly become my favourite colour and I now want Vert Khaki as well.

For this look, I used the lighter colour from my Clinique Colour Surge eye shadow duo over the lower lid, Chanel Taupe Grise in the crease and outer corner of my eye and Shroom by MAC on my brow bone and as a highlight.  The eyeliner is Icon by Prestige.  I love the eyeliner colour, but the application is awful, it’s very hard to get a smooth line.  I used My Biggest Lashes by Prestige for mascara.  


The photos are with and without a flash.

I've swatched here, showing the colour on its own, over UDPP and next to Shale by MAC, but former favourite taupe colour.

L-R: Taupe Grise, Taupe Grise over UDPP, Mac Shale

Thanks for reading! XX

5 comments:

Ms. Wedgie said...

What is it about Chanel that releases our inner lemming? lol I had to resist Paradoxal because I knew I'd end up spending a fortune on other things as well! I really love the look you've done...the liner really sets it off! :)
xxx

loveaudrey said...

Aaaaaahhhh I do love the warm glowy feeling inside that a chanel purchase gives me! This looks very pretty! xxx

3ate4 said...

Ah love it!

Fee - Makeup Savvy said...

Ahh this sounds like an eyeshadow that is nearly worth it's pricetag!

It also looks really nice on you.

Fee x

buy pure cotton bed sheets online said...

I’ve also found this to be a very versatile shadow, and have been able to make loads of different looks with it. I’ve used it as a lid and crease colour at the same time, building up the intensity on the crease to create contrast. It can be sheer, or much more dramatic. Basically, I love it so much, it’s quickly become my favourite colour and I now want Vert Khaki as well.
red and black suit salwar ,
red kameez black salwar ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails