Tuesday, 27 December 2011

No Spend - the Final Update

I set myself a little challenge back at the beginning of November... the challenge was to not spend any money on beauty, cosmetics, skincare etc or any clothing and accessories until 25th December. 

I've updated a couple of times on this, and by and large, I completed the challenge successfully.  I find it easy not to spend money on clothes and accessories - although I love new clothes, I hate shopping for them, so this part of the challenge wasn't hard for me. 

It was slightly harder to avoid beauty and skincare products.  I blogged earlier this week that I had forgotten about two Glossy Boxes which I was billed for.  Fortunately, due to the way I pay for my Glossy Boxes, they come out of a different budget to my normal beauty spends...so I could pretend they didn't really count.  Maybe I should.  I also bought a £5 nail polish, which was bought to ensure I spent enough on Boots points night to get an additional £12 worth of points - worth it I think.  What I didn't buy was any extraneous or impulse makeup or beauty.  I didn't chuck anything into my trolly at the supermarket and I didn't just pop into Boots - this was helped by the fact my office has moved and I no longer have a Boots just next to my office... Last week, I did end up buying some footcare products, but these are more medical than beauty so they don't count either.

So I've been pretty successful with this challenge, and I'm pleased with how it's gone.  However, I have spent an obscene amount of money (for me) in the sales over the last couple of days.  There are lots of bargain gift sets coming my way and some more I picked up in the sales today.  I love gift sets! But I'm sure I'll have to do another no spend for most of next year to make up for it!

Thanks for reading! xx

8 comments:

Claire@Eyelining said...

Congrats on successfully completing your challenge :-) Methinks I might need to do another no buy project from the beginning of next year (i.e. from next week haha). I need to save! x

World Of Beauty said...

thats great well done, I plan to do this from the beginning of january, although the money i save will probably just go towards paying off what i spent in dec, but hey ho.
saving must be done xx

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

Thanks ladies - judging by what I've spent in the sales, I'm on a no buy for the whole of 2012!!! x

Beauty Balm said...

I need to do this for the whole of january! x

oakleyses said...

polo outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, air max, sac longchamp pas cher, prada outlet, jordan pas cher, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online, prada handbags, nike outlet, christian louboutin uk, michael kors pas cher, oakley sunglasses, nike free run, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, gucci handbags, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses wholesale, tiffany jewelry, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, burberry pas cher, nike roshe, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren, ray ban sunglasses

oakleyses said...

nike blazer pas cher, coach outlet, nike air force, timberland pas cher, michael kors outlet online, burberry handbags, ray ban uk, nike air max uk, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, lululemon canada, north face, new balance, burberry outlet, kate spade, mulberry uk, hollister pas cher, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch uk, north face uk, michael kors, nike tn, guess pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet online, nike roshe run uk, coach purses, nike free uk, sac hermes, oakley pas cher, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, replica handbags, uggs outlet, hogan outlet, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors

oakleyses said...

mac cosmetics, nike air max, mont blanc pens, ferragamo shoes, new balance shoes, nike huaraches, abercrombie and fitch, hollister, nfl jerseys, north face outlet, vans outlet, celine handbags, valentino shoes, iphone cases, gucci, mcm handbags, nike roshe run, lancel, hollister clothing, p90x workout, oakley, ray ban, vans, chi flat iron, nike air max, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, asics running shoes, baseball bats, hermes belt, converse outlet, instyler, ralph lauren, louboutin, hollister, insanity workout, ghd hair, bottega veneta, babyliss, soccer jerseys, timberland boots, longchamp uk, lululemon, converse, north face outlet, soccer shoes, nike trainers uk, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, beats by dre

oakleyses said...

ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, pandora charms, montre pas cher, wedding dresses, pandora uk, moncler, moncler outlet, moncler uk, marc jacobs, ugg, hollister, links of london, doudoune moncler, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, canada goose, pandora jewelry, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, moncler, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, moncler, replica watches, swarovski, pandora jewelry, ugg uk, swarovski crystal, canada goose, moncler, canada goose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails