Tuesday 27 December 2011

Houston We Have A Problem Body Moisturiser Challenge - Update #4

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and got loads of great presents!  You may remember I had set myself a challenge to reduce my body moisturiser stash to 16 moisturiser (I started with 26 and this increased to 27 during the challenge).  In my last post on this challenge, I had already got down to 15 moisturisers .  So I set myself a further challenge - to get down to 12 moisturisers remaining by Christmas.  The good news is, I did it!


The first I used was The Sanctuary Body Lotion which is a classic favourite of mine.  I can't get enough of The Sanctuary's signature smell and this is a moisturising lotion which is thick enough to use in winter as well as summer.  I managed to use up the whole bottle in about 2 weeks!

I got Clarins Eau Dynamisant Moisturizing Body Lotion in a bargain gift set I picked up in the sales last Christmas, but hadn't got round to using it until now.  I have to say, I really loved it - I usually hate body lotions sold in fragrance gift sets, as I find they're often an afterthought and terrible quality.  However, this was a complete exception.  It was wonderfully softening and it absorbed really easily into my skin.  I think this would be even better as a summery moisturiser, as it was quite light.  However, I'd look into getting this again.  Also, a little went a long way with this one and it took a while to use it up.

Finally I had a little, unidentified pot in my stash with barely anything in it.  I think my Mum gave this to me ages ago, and I'd used some of it before - there was hardly anything in the pot.  On reading the label, it appeared that this was a glycerine filled hand cream rather than a body cream.  Nevermind, I'd counted it in my original post, so I used it on my elbows and knees and it was used up in a single application - now why didn't I do that (literally) years ago?!

Most of these are now used up!

I'm going to ignore the fact that in December 3 more moisturisers found their way into my stash (and this was pre-Christmas - there's far more now).  I didn't buy them, so they can be counted when I tally up my Christmas and sales beauty stash.  I'm going to restart this challenge in the new year with the aim to totally clear my stash!

Thanks for reading! xx

2 comments:

Beauty Balm said...

I love Clarins body lotions x

TheBristolBeautyBlog said...

The Clarins lotion was lovely - makes me want to try more! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails