Sunday 23 October 2011

Sample Sunday - Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation

Well, I was meaning to do a regular Sample Sunday post, but I've not done one for about 3 weeks now!  Anyway, there's no time like the present to start using up my samples, so today I'm reviewing Lingerie De Peau by Guerlain.  It's described as an "Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation".




Ignoring the fact that it is clearly the wrong colour (orange) for me, and I couldn't make the colour work with my very fair skin, it is a very nice foundation.  It was easy to blend and apply, felt super-soft and silky on my skin and gave me a good coverage on my blemishes.  Had it been the right colour, it would've looked natural and dewy without being shiny.  A little went a long way as well - I reckon there were at least 3 applications from the sachet I had, although I threw the rest away, being the wrong colour and all.



I'm slightly cheating here, and this is a pre-prepared Sample Sunday from two weeks ago, so I'm pleased to say I can comment on the lasting power of the Lingerie De Peau.  It lasted all day and didn't budge at all or collect in the (minor) creases in my neck.  I was still orange by bed time!



In terms of quality and performance, based on one application, I can see this is a great foundation, with the potention to edge my current favourite Teint Miracle by Lancome.  However, at £35.50 at House of Fraser, this is £10 more expensive than Teint Miracle and I think very expensive.  I would want a reasonably sized sample in my actual skin colour to try before deciding to buy.  However, it has lept onto my wish-list -  just in time for my Christmas present list actually!

Have you tried this fancy foundation?  What did you think?

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails